|Department:||Service & Parts|
|Reports to:||Managing Director|
|Closing Date:||31 October 2021|
|Location:||Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK|
The Service Manager is a pivotal role in McCloskey Equipment, ultimately responsible for ensuring the maximum uptime for our customers’ machines.
The role requires you to manage McCloskey Equipment’s team of field-based and workshop engineers, responsible for their daily activities.
You will also work with McCloskey Equipment’s field-based sales team, supporting them directly with logistics and installations. Working alongside you is the Spare Parts Manager and the Spare Parts and Stores Operative. You will be supported by the Service Co-Ordinator.
The role will see you managing the daily activities of the service department, from organising the logistics and installation of new equipment to booking routine servicing, you will be key to the delivery of our aftersales service.
You will be responsible for warranty claims, H & S compliance, ensuring our engineers have the tools and equipment necessary to complete their tasks to the highest standards and importantly maintaining effective communication between all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in a similar customer focussed environment and demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels with both customers and suppliers. Candidates will have experience in a similar role working within the heavy plant and machinery sector with a proven engineering background.
Working closely with the Parts Department, you will ensure customer downtime in minimised by providing quick and efficient responses to customer issues and machine breakdowns. This can include remote diagnosis and technical support.
- Managing the team of field and workshop engineers – including booking in jobs, workload, reports and timesheets.
- Managing third party engineers and suppliers, ensuring work is completed to high standards and invoicing is accurate.
- Logistics – arranging the delivery and collection of equipment from various sites in a time and cost effective manner.
- Maintains service desk, including managing service desk team members and evaluating desk efficiency.
- Filing invoices, Purchase Orders and associated financial responsibilities.
- Creating and managing digital service records for all machines and jobs.
- Creating and managing COS packs for each Serial Number/Delivery.
- Create, manage and maintain Warranty packs for McCloskey Equipment to claim from the factory and other third-party suppliers.
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered.
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally.
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service department adheres to all regulations.
- Resolves service desk problems and improves current service desk methods to increase productivity and customer service.
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues.
- Oversees team members performing service and maintenance inspections, completing repairs and remedial work, and completing necessary reports and paperwork, to ensure all standards are met and that all work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly.
- Works closely with Parts Department to ensure working stock levels are maintained to deliver outstanding customer service, with short lead times and fast delivery of required parts and service to minimise customer machine downtime.
- Assists with or performs administrative tasks.
Health and Safety Accountabilities:
- Ensure all engineers are equipment with and use the appropriate PPE for completing jobs on- and off-site.
- Ensure all service processes meet HSE requirements and that they are implemented in a consistent manner.
- Regularly communicates and interacts with members of other departments to develop the business.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring staff comply with Health and Safety Requirements.
- Ensures health and safety rules and safe work procedures are communicated initially to workers during orientation and on the job training and reviewed regularly at staff meetings.
- Ensure that workers are aware of the hazards associated with their work and that they understand the how safe work procedures will prevent or minimise injury.
- Responsible for the maintenance and road worthiness of McCloskey Equipment service vehicles.
- Proven track record in managing a Service Department within a similar industry.
- An understanding of engineering principals, ideally with suitable education and/or experience.
- A demonstrable record of exceptional achievement in the field of service.
- Experience of planning and managing the movement and logistics of specialist equipment.
- Proven track record of managing both remote and workshop based engineers.
- Strong Customer Service Experience and project management skills.
- Proven Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, e-mail, internet functions as well as Sage 50 Accounts and Big Change Job Watch (or similar) software.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Preferentially having a Mechanical qualification and/or experience.
- A valid forklift licence is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of global importing/exporting.